The realization of a hydrogen society is expected to contribute to reducing the effects of global warming and improving energy security.
Ammonia is the leading option for hydrogen energy carriers.
To establish a value chain that extends from the distribution of CO2-free ammonia to the use of it,
conducting studies on technological and economic assessment, in developing policy proposals, and in promoting international collaboration.
We have received an invitation from the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI), Agency for Natural Resources and Energy to hold the 1st Asia Green Growth Partnership Ministerial Meeting (AGGPM) Public-Private Forum. If you are interested in attending the forum, please register at the registration site below.
■ Registration site： Here
■ Date and Time: Monday, April 25, 2022, 15:00-18:30 (JST)
■ Method: Online
■ Registration fee： Free
The 1st International Conference on Fuel Ammonia (ICFA) to be held on October 6 from 7:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. (Japan time), co-hosted by METI.
The corporate name has been changed to “Clean Fuel Ammonia Association”.
We shared a link to Ammonia Energy Association.
Prof. Hideaki Kobayashi received the Combustion Society of Japan Prize 2019 for Thesis award and the Executive Vice President of the GAC Shigeru Muraki, along with Advisory Members Ken-Ichi Aika and Bunro Shiozawa, received the Technology Award.
GAC Website Opened
The general meeting was held
The GAC was established.
President ： Osamu Ishitobi
It is imperative that we reduce greenhouse gas emissions significantly (especially CO2), to help realize a sustainable society. Hydrogen energy is expected to play a very important role in achieving this goal. "Energy Carrier"— one of the themes of Cross-Ministerial Strategic Innovation Promotion Program run by the Cabinet Office of the Japanese government (2014 – 2018)—revealed that ammonia can be used directly as a fuel for power generation and industrial use. Accordingly, ammonia has been drawing international attention lately as a CO2-free fuel and hydrogen energy carrier with great potential as recently published IEA report, "The Future of Hydrogen" (June. 2019) recognizes, for example. Besides, in the “Integrated innovation Strategy” (June. 2019), the Cabinet of the Japanese government stated its expectation for such ammonia’s potential and furthermore set a national target on introduction of ammonia as CO2 free energy.
Clean Fuel Ammonia Association(CFAA) was established in April 2019, with the aim of developing a value chain for CO2-free ammonia to advance the social implementation of its benefits. Expectations for CFAA were also expressed in the above mentioned “Integrated innovation Strategy”, and attracted attention of relevant parties inside and outside of Japan as well. CFAA now has 120 members, including domestic companies, organizations, and overseas-associates.
In addition to socially implementing the use of ammonia, CFAA will dedicate itself to building a value chain for supplying CO2-free ammonia. As part of this, we will serve as an intermediary between industry, academia, and government in conducting studies on technological and economic assessment, in developing policy proposals, and in promoting international collaboration, in order to achieve its goal. I am delighted to be part of CFAA's mission, progressing our activities to help overcome energy and environmental constraints that Japan is facing and to contribute to transforming our society into a decarbonized one.
I believe that our activities will also pave the way for Japanese industries to lead the world in these challenging endeavors.
General MeetingEmployees：Regular members
AuditorsBoard of Directors
- Technology Committee
- Strategy Committee
- International Committee
Board Members (As of 27 July, 2021)
|President※||Osamu Ishitobi||The former Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer, Sumitomo Chemical|
|Executive Vice President※||Shigeru Muraki||Executive Advisor, Tokyo Gas|
|Executive Vice President※||Masahiro Aika||Managing Executive Officer, JGC HOLDINGS|
|Director||Keisuke Ishii||Fellow, Toyo Engineering|
|Director||Yukihisa Ozawa||Executive Officer, IHI|
|Director||Makoto Susaki||Senior Vice President and CTO, Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Engineering|
|Director||Toshi Nakamura||Executive Officer, NYK Line|
|Director||Yuki Nishida||General Manager, Engineering Plastics & Fine Chemicals Div.,UBE|
|Director||Hiroki Haba||Director, Mitsubishi|
|Director||Takashi Furutani||Chief Operating Officer of Basic Materials Business Unit, MITSUI & CO.|
|Director||Susumu Miyazaki||Secretary-General, Clean Fuel Ammonia Association|
|Director||Tetsuya Watabe||Senior Managing Executive Officer, JERA|
|Auditor||Tetsuro Hitoshi||President, Toyota Energy Solutions|
|Auditor||Manabu Yoshida||Managing Director, Mitsui Chemicals|
※ Representative Director
Membership List（As of April 1, 2022）
- JGC HOLDINGS
- Marubeni Corporation
- Mitsubishi Corporation
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries
- MITSUI & CO.
- NYK Line
- SUMITOMO CHEMICAL
- Tokyo Gas
- Toyo Engineering
- UBE Corporation
- ABE NIKKO KOGYO
- Air Liquide Japan
- Air Water Inc.
- AISAN INDUSTRY
- Aramco Asia Japan
- Asahi Kasei
- BP Japan
- CHUGAI RO
- Cosmo Oil
- Daihatsu Diesel
- Diamond & Zebra Electric Mfg
- Electric Power Development
- Emerson Japan
- Fuji Car Manufacturing
- Fuji Electric
- Fuji Oil
- FUKUI SEISAKUSHO
- HAZAMA ANDO
- Hitachi Industrial Products
- Hitachi Zosen
- Hokkaido Electric Power
- Hokuriku Electric Power Company
- Idemitsu Kosan
- IINO KAIUN
- IMI Japan
- ISHII IRON WORKS
- Iwatani Gas
- Japan Oil Engineering
- Japan Oil Transportation
- JFE Engineering
- JFE Steel
- JGC Catalysts and Chemicals
- Kawasaki Kisen Kaisha
- Kawasaki Heavy Industries
- KOBE STEEL
- Kowa Company
- Kyushu Electric Power
- Maruzen Petrochemical
- MIKUNI KIKAI KOGYO
- Mitsubishi Electric
- MITSUBISHI GAS CHEMICAL
- Mitsubishi Materials
- Mitsui Chemicals
- Mitsui E&S Machinery
- Mitsui O.S.K. Lines
- Mizuho Research & Technologies
- MUFG Bank
- Nippon Kaiji Kyokai
- Nippon Paper Industries
- NIPPON SHOKUBAI
- NIPPON STEEL
- NIPPON STEE Pipeline & Engineering
- Nitto Denko
- NS UNITED KAIUN KAISHA
- Okinawa Electric Power
- Osaka Gas
- Penta-Ocean Construction
- Senko Line
- Shell Japan
- Shikoku Electric Power Company
- SHIN NIHON KENTEI KYOKAI
- Shizuoka Gas
- Showa Denko
- SUMITOMO CORPORATION
- Sumitomo Mitsui Banking
- Suzuyo Shoji
- Taisei Corporation
- TAIYO NIPPON SANSO
- TB Global Technologies
- The Chugoku Electric Power Company
- The Kansai Electric Power Company
- thyssenkrupp nucera Japan
- TOHO GAS
- Tohoku-Electric Power
- TOKYO ELECTRIC POWER SERVICES
- Toray Industries
- Torishima Pump Mfg
- TOYO KANETSU
- TOYOTA CENTRAL R&D LABS
- TOYOTA ENERGY SOLUTIONS
- TOYOTA INDUSTRIES
- Toyota Tsusho Corporation
- TSUNEISHI SHIPBUILDING
- Uyeno Transtech
- Vena Energy Japan
- Wärtsilä Japan
- YANMAR HOLDINGS
- Yokogawa Electric
〔Associate Members (foreign companies)〕
- A-Enviro Chile GmbH-Austria Energy (AUT)
- AES Andes (CHL)
- Baker Hughes (UK, US)
- CF Industries (US)
- Clean Hydrogen Works (US)
- DNV (NOR)
- Engie - Hydrogen Business Unit (FRA)
- Equinor ASA (NOR)
- Fortescue Metals Group (AUS)
- "Kellogg Brown & Root Asia Pacific Pte. Ltd.(SIN)"
- LSB INDUSTRIES (US)
- Novatek Gas and Power Asia Pte. Ltd. (SIN)
- NTPC (IND)
- "NW interconnected Power Pty Ltd (Asian Renewable Energy Hub) (AUS)"
- Origin Energy Limited (AUS)
- Stanwell Corporation (AUS)
- The Hydrogen Utility (AUS)
- Total Energies Japan S.A.(CHE)
- Woodside Energy (AUS)
- Yara International ASA (NOR)
〔Associate Members （individual〕
- Fumiteru Akamatsu
- Hideaki Kobayashi
- Jyun Kubota
- Kiyohiko Nakae
- Norihiko Nakamura
- Yoshitsugu Kojima
- Bunro Shiozawa （ex-SIP Deputy PD)
- Kenichi Aika （ex-SIP Deputy PD)
- "Takeo Kikkawa (International University of Japan)"
- Akita Industrial Technology Center
- Ammonia Energy Association （USA）
- Austrade Tokyo Office （Embassy）
- "Central Research Institute of Electric Power Industry"
- CSIRO (AUS)
- Electric Power Research Institute (USA)
- Government of Queensland (AUS)
- Government of South Australia (AUS)
- Government of Western Australia (AUS)
- Japan Bank for International Cooperation
- Japan Coal Frontier Organization
- "Japan Fertilizer & Ammonia Producers Association"
- "Japan Oil, Gas and Metals National Corporation"
- "National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology（AIST）"
- "National Institute of Maritime, Port and Aviation Technology"
- New Zealand Embassy, Tokyo, Japan
- Niihama City
- "Norwegian Embassy (Innovation Norway, Japan)"
- Research Institute for Applied Sciences
- Shin-Mutsu-Ogawara Inc.
- The Australian Hydrogen Council(AHC) (AUS)
- The Institute of Applied Energy(IAE)
- The Institute of Energy Economics, Japan
- "New Zealand Hydrogen Association(NZHA) (NZ)"
- YOKKAICHI CITY